Spring Sports Banquet
Congratulations to Gail Anderson, Swimming, and Ciciely Davy, Indoor Track, for being named honorable mention All-Met. The All-Met selection covers Maryland, the District and Virginia, so it is no easy task to grace the All-Met section of the Washington Post and obviously takes a lot of hard work and talent. Congratulation ladies!
It’s time to sign up for spring concessions! Each season the boosters provide concessions at many of the sporting events for our varsity and junior varsity games/matches. This service gives two fold opportunities, a welcome to other teams and a fundraising opportunity for Einstein Clubs, teams and groups. At each event, a parent or teacher must lead the group, but students can help out. The team/club/group will receive half of the money they raise.
A Mulchitude of Thanks!!!
On behalf of the AEHS Boosters’ Club, many thanks to the athletes, coaches, parents and the supporters and members of the Einstein community who made this year’s Mulch Sale our best ever. Without delving into the weeds:), here are some highlights of this record-breaking effort:
- $12,500 netted from $29,000 in sales;
- 6630 bags of mulch sold, exceeding 2015’s totals by more than 1500
- 6100 bags of mulch were delivered at 224 different stops
- a record number of athletes, coaches and parents who volunteered to move that mulch to our many customers, despite some mighty cold weather.
In addition to fully funding this year’s Booster Club scholarships, proceeds from the mulch sale will also go to the many teams who participated in this year’s effort, namely: Baseball, Varsity and JV Football, Soccer, Cross Country & Track, and Boys’ & Girls’ Volleyball & Lacrosse.
Special thanks to Mike Etherton and Scott Hall for their leadership and hard work the last several months, to Jane Curtin for spreading the word, and to all of our fabulous Saturday volunteers for making the last of the mulch-ic happen. May thousands of flowers bloom in your yards.
Come Join Our Team
We need a few more people to fill some vacant positions, please contact Mike E if you can help. He can provide you with further details.
- Banquet Chairperson. This volunteer helps organize the fall, winter and spring sports banquets. Menus are usually set. The Chair orders the food and sets up the sign up genius for volunteers to serve food, bring products, set up and clean up. If not familiar with sign up genius Boosters will assist.