The Boosters award 6, $1000 scholarships to graduating senior student/athletes. (3 girls/3boys). In addition, Boosters is facilitating the new Rackey Scholarships, awarded to two girls who are student-athletes and will be the first in their households to attend college. Only one application is required for these awards.
The 2017 Scholarship Application is now available. Applications are due March 18, 2017 and all applicants must have a parent or guardian who is a Booster Club member or is sponsored by a member.
- Students who apply must have a parent, guardian, or an adult “sponsor” who belongs to the Booster Club. The adult sponsor can join anytime, including with this application. (The object being wider BOOSTER CLUB membership, of course.)
- Financial need is NOT a criteria.
- Students must use the money for school, but that does not need to be a four-year college. It can be culinary school, a trade school, etc.
- Athletes to not need to be “super jocks”, just be able to demonstrate how school sports have affected them in a positive way.
- Ten semi-finalists will be chosen and those students will participate in an interview with a faculty member, the current Booster Club president and a former Booster Club president.
- Students will need to get 2 coaches to fill out recommendation forms, or if they only had 1 coach, the athletic director will complete a rec form for them
Any questions can be directed to Kathy M.